Friday, January 17, 2014

15 Paintings in 15 Days (Round 2) - Day Three


"Gingergold"
4x4, oil on board

Hey Virginians, any guesses on the location of this scene based on the title of the painting?

This one was completed quickly near the end of the day yesterday. (Getting ahead is allowed, ok? I have commissions I need to be working on too.) I chose a small board, very small -- 4x4". I think it was my first 4x4 size ever and I really enjoyed it.

One of my goals with this 15 in 15 Challenge is to explore possible compositions and subject matter for larger works. This one may "grow up" into a larger painting... but tell me, what do you think? Can you envision this one as a medium/larger size painting?

1 comment:

  1. I love this thick opulent style of yours Amy. The first painting I saw of yours was in this vein. I think it would make a great painting in a larger format. It is amazing how much detail and distance you have created with your thick brush strokes and all on such a small board!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...