Sunday, January 19, 2014

15 Paintings in 15 Days (Round 2) - Day Five

"The Mint House"
6x8, oil on linen

I really rushed with this one. There were quite a few distractions while painting it. I want to revisit this these elements in a painting -- the road, the mint house, the combination of trees and the sun setting behind the trees. I didn't capture that dusky blue I was aiming for in the patches of grass. Lesson learned again (and again): you aren't always going to be happy with a painting. I did, however, enjoy attempting an a-typical composition... with that pretty mint colored house almost in the center of the painting, but not quite. It gives you this feeling of "stop" while moving along that road. Hope that makes sense.

Day Five complete. I wonder what I'll paint on day six....


1 comment:

  1. Love the Mint House! ....and yes I get it.......driving along and for that split second.....the world stops and focuses on that one thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...