Tuesday, January 15, 2013

15 Paintings in 15 Days (day one)

A few artists I know are participating in a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. When I first heard about the challenge I disregarded it -- I'm way too slow of a painter! But I often take an hour before starting a large painting to do a small scale "rough draft" painting to work out the colors and composition and loosen up my hand/arm/eye.

So, fifteen days in I have decided to join the challenge. I might not finish. I might skip a few days. But here's my declaration of intention to paint 15 paintings in 15 days.

I'll call it my 15 in 15. Of course. Let's see how this goes....


Jan 15.
The Tree on the Bend
8x6", oil
sold
 
This is another Midlothian vista. 
It's not an easy one, but question to all Midlothianites: any guesses on where this tree is?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...