Thursday, March 27, 2014

"The Evening Rush" 11x14 (Another little painting grows up)

"As They Go By"
6x8, oil
sold

Another small painting grows up! And one of my favorites.
I've discussed in the past how I usually paint a small painting before I ever attempt a larger work ("larger" is relative. Some still consider my "larger" pieces as small, but we're still calling them "larger" :) ) Some of these smaller pieces turn out well and I end up selling the smalls before I make it to painting the large. This was the case for "As They Go By", which sold last year to a long-time Midlothian resident. 

Almost a year later, here is the "big brother" of As They Go By.

"The Evening Rush"
11x14, oil

For the larger painting I borrowed the caption title chosen by writers at the Chesterfield Monthly in March. See the painting/caption online HERE.

This painting will potentially be a part of "AROUND TOWN", an exhibit of my Midlothain paintings at Urban Farmhouse at the Millworks April 1-30, 2014.

Click image below to see more paintings to be on display:

http://thisisamy.com/aroundtown/

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing both versions of the same scene - they are both stunning! I have been considering doing the same with some of my small paintings.
    Lovely work as always Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy! and you should! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...