Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Engine 5", 6x12 and Urban Farmhouse Show in April

I started pulling out my reference photos taken around Midlothian from last spring. Mmmm, those spring greens are come in small portions even now. 

"Engine 5"
6x12, oil on board
Fire Station #5, located on the corner of Midlothian Turnpike and Salisbury Road, was established in 1949 through funds donated by the community. This bright spring morning brought Engine 5 out for a wash, thankfully, rather than an emergency.

Wow, March is 1/3 the way over. Time certainly flies! Today was a lovely 77 degree day. I spent a couple hours working on the computer on the back deck, soaking up the sun and warmth. 

I worked on a postcard design for a small art show at Urban Farmhouse in Midlothian during the month of April. I'm thinking of calling it "Around Town". What do you think?

 I stuck this recent painting of the Midlo Fire House on the postcard for some spring cheer and a little punch of color. 

I'm still waiting to hear the hanging date. April 1-30 isn't definite, but the artwork will up ABOUT those dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...