Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Green & why it worked.

You may have read my post about summer greens & how to handle a green painting. I've been struggling with three predominantly green paintings over the past few weeks (only two were in the photo from that post) and am grateful for a success. I tried to "paint red into the green" in this piece, but it ended up looking dead. My solution: the saturated burnt sienna (red-brown) of the clay stream bed steals the show. The green is vivid. The fields are alive! You don't get that too-much-green feeling.

I hope to show you the results of my other green adventures soon.



Creek behind Krim Point
The Grove Neighborhood, Midlothian, Virginia
8x10, oil on canvas




detail images:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...