Tuesday, November 4, 2014

How to title a painting and Paintings of Bellevue, Richmond, VA


If you were to paint a scene on Chevy Chase Street, what would YOU title it?

I decided to look up titles of films starring Mr. Chase as I was brainstorming for a title. Sure beats something like, "Yellow House" or "Tree Lined Road". I tend toward Capt. Obvious when it comes to titling my work.

"Seems Like Old Times"
9x12, oil
Available at Stir Crazy Cafe November 2014
4015 MacArthur Ave, Richmond, VA 23227


I haven't actually seen this film. But I wasn't about to name the painting "Christmas Vacation" or "Three Amigos".

Have you seen "Seems Like Old Times"? Worth a watch?

"Cindy's Garden"
20x10, oil
Available at Stir Crazy Cafe November 2014
4015 MacArthur Ave, Richmond, VA 23227

Leaning toward Capt Obvi in this title. Hey, it sure beats "Blue House" or "Red Chair and Wheel Barrow". Cindy was the lovely lady who welcomed us (artists from the VPAP group) into her backyard. I actually painted a different painting while on location that morning. It was June and it was hot and muggy. The painting didn't turn out so great. Win some lose some. Right after I finished I wanted to paint this direct shot of the back of Cindy's house. Unfortunately the sun had risen and there was no shaded spot to set up and paint this angle. Took a few photos and composed this painting in my air conditioned studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...